The Public Housing Program wait list is currently CLOSED
Senior wait list OPEN
The public will be notified on this website when the wait list is open.
Applications for housing can only be accepted when the Wait List has been OPENED
- When the wait list is open, WHA will post the notice on this website, notify numerous agencies, and place an ad in the local newspaper.
- Applications will only be accepted and processed as determined by the notice.
- Application information may need to be verified to continue processing the application.
- Applicants will be contacted to verify such information as they near the top of the wait list.
Therefore, it is extremely important that applicants keep their contact information up to date with the WHA.
Information NEEDED to APPLY to an OPEN Wait List
- Birth Certificates for all family members.
- Social Security Cards for all family members.
What if someone in my family does not have a birth certificate?
Birth certificates must be submitted by everyone in your family.
What if someone in my family does not have a social security number/card?
All members of your family are required to have a social security card, if they have a social security number. If you cannot find your card, or you've never had a social security number, copies of your green card, or a receipt showing you have purchased a replacement social security card will be accepted. In the chance that someone in your family does not have a social security number, a signed certification must be submitted to verify they have no number.
- Declaration of citizenship or eligible immigrant status and verification.
- Current proof of income from all sources for all family members.
- Photo Id for family members 18 years of age or older.
What if someone in my family does not have a photo ID?
Photo IDs must be submitted by everyone in your household over the age of 18.
Family Wait List is Currently CLOSED
WHA will re-open the wait list to accept applications when most people on the wait list have been served. When the list is about to be opened, a notice will be placed in local newspapers and media outlets as well as on this website.
How will I know my Position on the Wait List?
- Annual Letter will be sent out no later than January 31st each year to notify you of your position, make changes and to confirm that you are still interested in being on the Wait List.
- Your position on the wait list will not be given via phone or inquiry throughout the year as per WHA policy.
- Any changes in your contact information or application must be submitted in writing to:
Waterbury Housing Authority
2 Lakewood Road
Waterbury, CT 06704